Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blade of the Immortal: Volume 25: Snowfall at Dawn


by Hiroaki Samura, 220 pages

Manji and Rin set out on what they hope is Anotsu's trail, but they don't get very far before their search is interrupted by an all-too-familiar face.

See that guy on the cover there?  I hate him.

Also, I love this series.

The loathed one is at last face-to-face with his most hated enemy, but readers hoping for the former's permanent expiration (which has got to be nearly every single one of us) will have to wait for at least another volume (but April is so far away!) to learn the outcome.  The part of me that's terrified of the cockroach is frustrated about the waiting part, but the good-story-loving part of me is glad the face-off wasn't rushed to squeeze the whole thing into one book.  I just worry (and often with good cause) for all the other characters every moment longer he lives.  *sigh*  Patience, Grasshopper.

Samura has recently announced that, after nineteen years, the series is finally drawing to a close with the 30th volume (the last chapter will come out in the February issue of the Japanese magazine it's serialized in before being bundled for the book, so I'll have to be careful to avoid spoilers until the English release).  I'm both excited to see it all come together and sad that there won't be any more.  So conflicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment