Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss

by Stephanie Perkins
372 pages

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more.  So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris-until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true.  Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

This books is so cute! I was hooked from the very beginning. Couldn't put it down, stayed up to finish it. Just to make sure that yes, they finally kiss.

However, Anna & Etienne each keep messing things up a bit in the end and that was a slightly annoying, but it all wraps up nicely. None of it was too far fetched and real life type events, so I guess I’m not that annoyed :) Because it was so just so dang cute.

Oh, and I'm totally adding this to my everyday language: pants. Instead of crap, shite, etc :) When Etienne says this Anna, she says, "Oh heavens, that's cute."  

Plus, I totally think the author is making fun of Nicholas Sparks. It was cracking me up.

Did I mention I thought it was cute?...Just kidding.

1 comment:

  1. yep, she's making fun of Sparks-it cracks me up!! I love, love, love this book!

    ReplyDelete