Monday, April 30, 2012

The Gray Wolf Throne

By Cinda Williams Chima
528 pages
This is the third book in the Seven Realms series.  When we last left Han and Princess Raisa, they were finding their way back to the Fells separately.  After Raisa (still disguised as Rebecca) is attacked in the mountains, Han comes to her rescue and manages to deliver her – barely – to the clans just inside the border.  Shocks await both of them, as Han discovers that the girl he knows and loves as Rebecca is actually the princess heir to the kingdom and Raisa learns that she will be rising to power much sooner than previously thought.  Raisa desperately tries to regain Han’s trust and allegiance as she fights to take her rightful place as queen.
This installment is long, and I found myself almost losing interest often.  I am still invested in the overall story, but I am getting anxious for some closure!  I am looking forward to the next one, but I hope Chima moves things along a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment