Saturday, March 24, 2012

The G-Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck

2009/256 pgs

After being diagnosed with a gluten intolerance, I of course put every book on being gluten free on hold! (A librarian loves to research!)

The G-Free Diet is a short and quick read. It's very much written as a survival guide to living gluten free as the author shares her tips and how she has lived with a gluten free diet for several years. Her tips were practical and down to earth and I found the book to be a nice introduction to what I can eat and what I can't. I especially liked the tips on dining out and list of restaurants that have a gluten free menu, as that's been the trickiest aspect of a new diet. I don't know that I really learned anything new from the book that I hadn't already read elsewhere, but she had some good advice and it made me feel a bit more confident about my new food requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment