Thursday, March 22, 2012

 
Bossypants
Tina Fey
New York, Little, Brown and Co.
227 pages 2011

I think everyone I know has already read this book.Of course Fey is funny, in the “it’s funny cause it’s true” kind of way. Part bio, part stream-of-meandering consciousness, it’s a fun and lighthearted collection of essays. Fey provides the laughs along with the story of her childhood, failed loves and auditions. There’s no such thing as an overnight success, but looking at her career, you have to think every now and again a funny, quirky woman can resemble Sarah Palin and still make something of herself.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this book too and I loved it. You're right that it's part bio, part stream of meandering consciousness, which I think made me like it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to get to this one--now I'll have to! You both might like "Is Everybody Hanging Out Without Me" by Mindy Kaling...sounds like a similar tone and it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete