Friday, July 8, 2011

Breaking Dawn

by Stephenie Meyer, 756 pages

In the final installment of the Twilight Saga, Bella and Edward face their most dangerous challenge from the Volturi.  They must rely on family, friends and allies to escape death.

Okay, so dork that I am, I caught a Twilight marathon on Showtime last weekend and decided that I couldn't just end the story there.  I spent the rest of the weekend reading Breaking Dawn.  Even though I've read it before, I have a remarkable talent for forgetting most of the details of a story a couple of months after I've read it.  The great thing about this is I remember enough to not have to suffer the initial shock of some more astounding plot points, but don't remember the minutia so the story feels fresh.  I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who has to keep a notebook of everything she reads or else she'll bring home a stack of books from the library she's already read... oh wait, I'm already there!  Anyway, I enjoyed the story more this time around than the first.  The characters face more grown-up decisions which provides a little more food for thought than the previous "he loves me, he loves me not."  There's also no shortage of threats and tension which makes for a page turning read.  Finally, there are a lot of pages which may help in the beat Jenny challenge! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you're gonna kick my backside pages this month! :P

    ReplyDelete