Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

                                                 
 by Stephanie Perkins, 372 p.

When Anna's pretentious novelist father ships her off to high school in faraway Paris, she thinks her life is over.  She's leaving behind her best friend, baby brother, and the guy she has been dreaming about all summer.  Despite the fact that she doesn't want to be there, Paris holds some pretty amazing surprises for Anna - some that she will definitely never forget!

This book was amazing.  When it first came out, I really didn't think I wanted to read it (I mean, have you seen the cheeziness that is the cover?) but I was sorely mistaken.  This is one of the best teen novels I've read in a long time.  Kudos, Stephanie Perkins!  I can't wait for more!


2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way! Sarah gushed on and on about it and I almost didn't read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, three! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this one and thought the dialogue and the complicated, gradually developing relationships were refreshingly believable. I hope she writes more, too!

    ReplyDelete