Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Passage by Justin Cronin





Long, very, very long!  Seriously, I thought this book was kind of like Stephen King's classic, The Stand, in many ways: the struggle between good and evil, characters that seem to have some special pipeline to the divine and others who seem to come straight from Hell, a journey to save the world, and so on.  But this one has vampires...sort of, anyway.  If you have some time to devote to this book, go ahead.  See what you think.  I was sort of underwhelmed but it wasn't bad.  And that, folks, is how a Pisces writes a review!
766 pp
Kim F

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this book, but I have to admit, there were times I had to set in down and take a breather. There are supposed to be two more in the series (probably several years down the road!) and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes with the story. I keep recommending this book to people, and you are one of the few who actually finished it! Now it's time to nag my sister who says she never has time to read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to this one...all 28 cds! The story hooked me first thing and then whenever I'd start to drift off it would reel me back in. I've never been so annoyed at an ending tho! Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete