Friday, June 24, 2011

Eyeshield 21: Volume 35: The World Is Mine

by Riichiro Inagaki (story) and Yususke Murata (art), 213 pages

The Deimon boys haven't rocketed to the top without drawing some attention and so find themselves being recruited for Japan's team in the football World Cup. Sena and Monta join up with former rivals to scout around and build the best team possible in order to take on those most powerful of opponents and the inventors of the game--the Americans. But first they'll have to take on the international competition....

Part of me thinks this series should have wrapped up after the Christmas Bowl. And part of me loves the characters so much that I don't care, as long as I get the chance to watch them be their hilarious, inspiring, awesome selves just a little longer. Besides, seeing Agon the selfish jerk get his head shaved--and his sportsman's fire ignited--by a crazy Militarian kinda made my day. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment