Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Switching On the Moon: A Very First Book of Bedtime Poems edited by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters, illustrated by G. Brian Karas

2010/96pgs.

About the Book: A collection of sixty poems all about night and bedtime.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I was intrigued when I saw this book reviewed on Booklist's Bookends blog. Cindy and Lynn recommended this book as a baby gift and since I have a lot of friends popping out kids this Spring, I thought I'd check it out.

I agree it would make a delightful baby gift! This collection of poems is thoughtfully compiled and the subjects range from the moon rising to brushing teeth to bathtime. There are also a great variety of poems-short and long, some that rhyme, some funny, some a bit more serious. The poems would be perfect for reading aloud to even the youngest of children and I can see it becoming a bedtime favorite.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, know lots of people having kids soon-I'm so glad I saw this review!

    ReplyDelete