Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ace Lacewing: Bug Dectective The Big Swat by David Biedrzycki

2010/44pgs

About the Book: Bugsy Goldwing is the best rookie slugger in the bug league and his talent may lead the Stinkbugs to a victory. But when Bugsy's prize bat goes missing, it's up to Ace Lacewing to solve the case.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: This is the second Ace Lacewing book I've read and I've enjoyed each one. I love the noir feel to the books and the sly references and word play are a treat for adult readers. This series is a great introduction to the mystery genre. Clues are laid out and readers can try to solve the case along with Ace.

I read a batch of picture book aloud to my husband and out of all of them, Ace Lacewing was his favorite. He says it's a perfect book for young book-bugs, mystery, and baseball. So Ace Lacewing gets a Thompson family recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment