Tuesday, March 6, 2012

White Girl Problems

White Girl Problems
by Babe Walker
273 pages

This is a memoir that started from a blog. Babe Walker is an LA debutante who doesn't have to worry about money or getting a job or...anything really. She's *kind of* a bitch and you really want to hate her. But it was actually her bitchiness that I kind of admired. She had a "sorry I'm not sorry" sort of attitude and didn't really care about what other people thought. Me being a "yes" person, it was refreshing to hear a voice that wasn't afraid to say "no".

Now, none of Babe's "problems" are really relatable (she went to rehab because she spent $250,000 at Barney's in one day), but they're kind of funny. Here are my faves:

#6: My major in college was picking my major with a minor in being really bored

#7: I'm too pretty to be crying right now

#10: Sorry for texting you 93 times last night

#12: My waxer knows me better than I know myself

#14: I miss you, unless you miss me, in which case I'm over you and into me being me

#21: Every job I've ever had is the worst job I've ever had

#22: I'm never drinking again, except for the occasional glass of white wine, vodka sodas, on holiday or my   birthday month

No comments:

Post a Comment