Friday, March 9, 2012

Ten, Make That Nine, Habits of Very Organized People. Make That Ten.: The Tweets of Steve Martin

by Steve Martin 105 p.

This is a fun breezy read. Of course given it is a book of Tweets you could probably just read them on Twitter, but I preferred them in book form. This saves you all the scrolling and searching trying to find Steve's little nuggets of comedy gold from all the @'s and #'s and all those replies from fans and detractors. Instead you have a delightful little book to access Steve's gems andit also has funny little pictures. Let me say that this book has made me question my position on Twitter. Before I found it annoying and mostly a waste of time (outside of the way it has helped young people in foreign countries find a way outside of oppression of their free speech). Yet I see it has good comedic applications. After all a joke could be fit in 140 characters. Steve surely shows this is very possible. Now not every Tweet in the book is gold, but many made me laugh. However if you don't enjoy Steve Martin's absurd and unusual way at looking at the world with his humor, you probably won't enjoy this book. I love much of Steve's humor and this book of Tweets is a good medium for it.

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment