Thursday, February 16, 2012

WWW: Wake

WWW: Wake 
by Robert J. Sawyer
356 pages

Caitlin Decter, a fifteen-year-old math genius, has been blind since birth.  However, Japanese researcher Masayuki Kuroda has developed a device that will allow Caitlin to see.  This device, referred to by Caitlin as an eye-Pod, has an unintentional side-effect--it allows her to SEE the world wide web.  This "websight" allows Caitlin to discover something nobody knew existed.

This is the first book in the WWW trilogy.  There are other storylines aside from the main one, but I'm not quite sure how the others will fit into the sequels.  In fact, one of the storylines seems like it was almost completely dropped in the middle of the book.  I'm not sure I care enough to read the next book to find out what happens.  Overall, I thought this was a good book, but I like the end the way it is.  I don't feel compelled to find out what happens next because I would rather not know.  Sometimes it's nice to leave things up to the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment