Sunday, February 19, 2012

Midnight Sons, Volume 1

by Debbie Macomber
392 pages

This book is actually two novels in one.  The first novel, Brides for Brothers, tells the story of how some lonely, bachelor pilots cook up a scheme to lure women to move to an isolated Alaskan town in the Arctic circle.  The story spells out the consequences of luring women to Alaska and the effect it has on one bachelor's heart.  The second novel, The Marriage Risk, picks up right where Brides for Brothers left off.  This book deals with a family feud and its effect on two potential lovers.

I listened to this on audio, and for the most part I enjoyed it.  The only complaint I had is that all the voices were done by a male narrator, which made some of the female characters sound a little weird.  However, I think the narration added to my overall enjoyment of the book and helped me feel the emotions of the characters.  My only complaint is that sometimes the "love" was a little too thick, but I am not a huge romance fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment