Friday, September 30, 2011

Resonant Leadership by Richard Boyatzis & Annie McKee

"We are in the customer service industry. We just happen to fly planes." ~employee from Southwest Airlines

I admit that it wasn't very long ago that I was burned out on public service. I'd spent many years doing front line reference and front line management. I was tired, overwhelmed and most importantly very disappointed in myself. Where did my drive go?  This book is the first one I've ever picked up that held my hand and said, you know what? This happens and we're going to show you why and how you can get the leadership you back. Whoa. I'm not a fan of business books in general but I like this one. Their whole philosophy starts with compassion and hope-what isn't to like? 2005, 304 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment