Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Instructions for a Broken Heart

by Kim A. Culbertson, 295 p.

Just before leaving on an Italian tour with her classmates, Jessa catches her boyfriend making out in the costume barn with another girl.  To make matters worse, they're going on the trip as well.  Thankfully, Jessa's best friend sends a long a care package of sorts to get her over Sean and find herself again.

1) This reminded me so much of Glee that I kept internally referring to Jessa as Rachel.

2) The story was a little disjointed.  As soon as she'd grow a bit, she'd close down and would be back to square one.

3) I liked most of the characters because of my lovely theatre upbringing, and I LOVED the theatre references, but oh. My. GOSH!  Get over yourselves, please and thanks!

Verdict: If you want an ok read before the upcoming season of Glee, pick it up.  Otherwise... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment