Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway


The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway

2010/282 pgs

About the Book: Three sisters about to embark on a new journey in life-new school, new home, and new magic powers. When April, May and June discover that they aren't totally normal and have superhero-like magic powers, the school year turns even more interesting. Can they use their powers for good?

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I'm still not sure what I thought of this one. It's like chick lit with superpowers. It's a light, breezy novel which I liked. I really liked all three sisters, although I think May was my favorite because of her snarky, sarcastic attitude and comebacks-seriously, I want her witty remarks! The banter between all three sisters was fun and what made me really like this book. I think I expected more though, which made me not like it as much as I could have. It's a book about three sisters who gain superpowers which help them get boyfriends and confidence and popularity. I thought they'd end up using their powers for something bigger-the big climax of the book just fell a bit flat for me. But it's still a lot of fun and very humorous and I'd give it to fans of Sarah Mlynowski's Magic In Manhattan series or Meg Cabot's Jinx.

No comments:

Post a Comment