Friday, June 10, 2011

The Husband

By Dean Koontz, 400 pp.





I was shocked at how this story ends! I could not put this down! If I had to put it down, I just kept thinking about how I could go back and read more!
This was an amazing read by Koontz. Normally, I do not like his work much, but this one was recommended to me by a patron, so I thought, "Why not?"
I am so glad I did! If there is not a movie out of this story, there should be!

Mitch Rafferty and his wife, Holly Rafferty, live in a small bungalow in California. Mitch owns his own business of landscaping and gardening, and Holly is working as a receptionist at a real estate office while she works on getting her real estate license. So you see they do not make much money...
However, for some reason, someone kidnaps Holly thinking they can get two million dollars from Mitch for ransom!
As Mitch is frantic and feeling useless and vulnerable while awaiting the kidnappers calls on what to do next, he is discovering some family secrets among his own family. Find out what these secrets are in "The Husband" by Dean Koontz! You will be just as surprised and astonished as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment