Friday, June 10, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

by J. K. Rowling, 341 pages

Harry can't wait to get back to Hogwarts and away from the Dursleys. Unfortunately, he hasn't heard from his friends all summer.  His only contact with the wizarding world is a house elf who is determined to stop Harry from returning to school.  Things get worse when a mysterious Chamber of Secrets is opened at the school and the monster within starts attacking students.  Harry and his friends must solve the mystery before it's too late.

Rowling is fun, imaginative and always a thrill to read.  I love the experience of revisiting all those little details that can be found in a book, but don't quite make it to the movie.  My sisters and I had a movie marathon while  I was on vacation, and went through all the movies over the course of 3 days.  I'm enjoying going back through the books to compare.  I'm going to be completely prepared for the final movie release in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment