Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Desires of the Dead

by Kimberly Derting
355 pages

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, The Body Finder (I actually cried at the ending). I had high hopes for this and though not entirely disappointed, I grew tired of the silly teen romance. Maybe I'm just growing bitter in my old age.

Violet has a special power, she can see the "echoes" of those that have died and imprints on those that have killed them. In the first novel, Violet finds herself involved in the hunt for a serial killer and soon becomes his target. In Desires of the Dead, she is harassed by a jealous classmate, contacted by the FBI and getting more and more serious with her new boyfriend, and best friend, Jay. Though there is a mystery to solve, most of the time is spent going over the trials and tribulations of young love. I do recommend this if you've read the first one and I will probably read any continuation of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment