Monday, May 16, 2011

"Alice in Lace" by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

139 pages

Lately I've been continuing my trip down memory lane by rereading the Alice series, which I enjoyed as a kid. In "Alice in Lace," Alice and her boyfriend Patrick are getting married, Pamela's pregnant, and Elizabeth has to buy a car. No, they haven't gone insane--these are assignments for their eighth-grade health class. As they work through their projects, they discover how complicated adult decisions can be. Meanwhile, as Alice observes her father's and brother's love lives, she learns that although it's essential to be prepared, some things can't be planned for. I think this book has a great message and the characters are as charming as ever, but I don't think this story is as funny as the other Alice books I've reread so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment