Saturday, April 16, 2011

Killing Orders: A V. I. Warshawski Novels


By: Sara Paretsky, 368 pp.

Victoria (V.I.) Warshawski is a private eye who has been begged by her aunt, which V.I. has been angry with for years, to come over and help her with a very important crime that she has been suspected of. However, their differences in the past create more friction and V.I. can only speak to her cousin in order to get more details about the case; which is that V.I.'s aunt has been asked to leave her jib due to the fact that she was suspected of mutual forges that were found in the safe of her church in which she is the accountant.

Trouble is brewing while V.I. is doing her investigating and on several occasions, V.I. has had to save herself from being murdered.

Meanwhile, V.I.'s best friend is murdered and another friend's uncle has been stabbed and almost killed! Who is next? V.I. must hurry up and solve this one case (that has turned into several cases) in order to stop any more murders!

At first, this novel is comical, yet it turns into huge suspense and you find yourself trying to help V.I. figure out just who exactly is calling the shots and committing all of this crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment