Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Best Pet Ever by Victoria Roberts, illustrated by Deborah Allwright

2010/32 pgs

About the Book: A little girl begs her mother for a pet, but all her mother says is"we'll see." So she uses her imagination to come up with the best pet ever.

Sarah Teenlibrarian Says: I remember as a young child taking my invisible dog for a walk or pretending my stuffed animals were real pets. I'm sure this book will resonate with any child who has longed for a pet, but been told "no" or "we'll see" (which in my house still meant no!)

The little girl has a great imagination and comes up with ways to play with her creative new pets. This book could be a great opening for creative play with young kids.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review of The Best Pet Ever. We are posting a link to your blog on our facebook page (http://on.fb.me/fDZklw) Are you a fan yet?
    Happy Reading,
    Elizabeth Bennett
    tiger tales

    ReplyDelete