Sunday, January 22, 2012

How To Be Single

How To Be Single
Liz Tuccillo
354 pages


“How To Be Single” is a fiction novel about Julie, a writer who travels around the world interviewing single women to see how women in other cultures know “how to be single”.  Along the way, she falls in love, gets her heart broken, watches her friends fall in love and have their hearts broken, blah blah blah.

I read this book because 1) it was by a writer of my fave show (Sex and the City) and one of my fave books (He's Just Not That Into You), and 2) I’ve been single going on 2 years now, and I was curious as to whether this books would have any tips on “how to be single” that I hadn’t thought of before.

Of course, the characters are in their 30s and single in New York City, where as I am in my 20s and single in Missouri. So not quite the same dating game, but *maybe* the rules could still apply.

Some of the events in the book are pretty farfetched, but it's still a good read. And it's pretty interesting what "being single" means to women in other cultures.

The book is a little too long (by about 100 pages) but I would still recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment