Friday, May 6, 2011

"Brains for Lunch: A Zombie Novel in Haiku?!?!" by K.A. Holt and Gahan Wilson


87 pages

Loeb is in high school
Awful enough as it is
He's a zombie too

Can't mix with "Lifers"
Pretty Siobhan is his crush
But she's not undead

Then he finds haiku
Learns that although he eats brains
He has some himself

His self-esteem's up
So he enters a contest
To share his best poems

Whoa, a zombie poet!
Will the other kids buy it?
Will Siobhan like it?

I think this book's great
Reminds me of my fourth grade
Only with more zombies

It made me laugh hard
Lots of people will like it
So go check it out!

4 comments:

  1. You win. Miss Hendzlik, send this woman a pony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Review Ever!! Heather, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! What can I say--after reading my coworkers' reviews for the past four months, I've learned from the best :)

    ReplyDelete