Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Jane Eyre: The Graphic Novel" by Charlotte Bronte and Amy Corzine

144 pages

I enjoyed the original Jane Eyre, but I last read it in high school. I thought I could use a refresher, and the graphic novel seemed like a great way to jog my memory. It's the same tale: Poor orphan Jane is adopted by her Aunt and Uncle Reed, but the death of Uncle Reed allows her unpleasant aunt to send her away to a grim charity school, where life continues to be hard for her. When she grows up, she becomes a governess and falls in love with her pupil's father. It seems that he loves her too...but he also has a secret that will turn their lives upside down.

I enjoyed the graphic novel version of "Jane Eyre"; although it's not the type of story that typically appears in visual formats, it tells the same good story in simpler, less dense way. One thing I wasn't crazy about were the illustrations, which I didn't think were anything special. Overall, though, a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment