Sunday, April 17, 2011

"How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack" by Chuck Sambuchino

106 pages

This book is exactly what it sounds like--a survival manual for dealing with gnomes. The author urges readers not to discount the "psychotic" lawn ornaments and insists that each and every one of them wants nothing more than your ultimate demise. Here, he outlines things to watch for, prevention strategies, home fortresses, and methods for defending an actual attack.

As anyone who has read many of my reviews knows, I like ridiculous, random books. This one is a little too much even for me, and this is coming from someone whose favorite shirt has a gnome and "Say hello to my little friend" on it. A lot of it is repetitive; I felt like I was ready the same joke over and over. On the other hand, it's a very quick read and there are a few funny parts, so I didn't feel like it was a complete waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment