Sunday, August 19, 2012

All Creatures Great and Small

by James Herriot  442 p.

             I loved this book. It reads like fiction, but is nonfiction. It is the first couple years James Herriot, a Scottish veterinarian, spends in his first job which is in Yorkshire England in the late 30s.
         It had chapters that made me cry, the next made me laugh, and grossed me out. It confirmed I made the right decision in not becoming a vet, but he does have some great moments with animals. Read this book! I look forward to watching the series that was on PBS in the 70s.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the TV series when I was a kid and have always meant to go back and read the books. I remember when Peter Davison (who played Tristan in ACGS) took over the lead role on Doctor Who and I couldn't get past the fact that in my brain he was still supposed to be an immature Yorkshire flirt. :P

    ReplyDelete