Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Bruiser" by Neal Shusterman

328 pages


When Bronte starts dating Brewster, aka Bruiser, aka Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty, her twin brother Tennyson is not pleased. In fact, he's going to do anything he can to sabotage their relationship. But when he follows Bruiser around a bit with intentions of scaring him, Tennyson discovers that there's something unusual about Bruiser. When people are around him, strange things happen to them. Tennyson totally misjudged Bruiser, but when and Bronte learn his secret they have no idea what they are getting themselves into. 

I've never read a book quite like this before. I didn't know anything about it before I picked it up, so it took me a while to figure out what was going on. The story alternates between Bronte and Tennyson's points of view, and Shusterman does a great job of differentiating between their points of view. They both feel real and I really liked both of them, and I especially liked Bruiser. The ending isn't what I expected...sort of sudden, but I liked it. Overall, a very entertaining story.

No comments:

Post a Comment