Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Double Dexter (Dexter #6)" by Jeff Lindsay

320 pages

Dexter, arguably America's favorite serial killer, is back.
He has recently become a father to tiny Lily Anne, who made him wonder if he could feel emotion and become part of humanity after all. But then he realized that although he feels what he thinks is love for Lily Anne (a completely new thing for him), the Dark Passenger has no intention of going quietly. Despite his recently discovered human feelings, Dexter can't help but continue his evening activities--that is, killing people, but only people who are killers themselves. And only when he is sure that all his tracks are covered, that he will never be caught. But then, one day, the unthinkable happens: someone catches him in the act. And that someone doesn't go to the police. Instead he stalks Dexter...and even begins to murder people in a Dexter-like fashion. Dexter has to find the copycat before he ends up in jail or dead.

I've enjoyed all of the Dexter novels, but this has to be my favorite, or one of my favorites. The plot is solid though not necessarily exceptional, but this one seemed to make me laugh more than any of the others (though, perhaps, this one has the benefit of being fresh in my mind). Lindsay is wonderful at weaving his dark humor into the creepy stuff. Dexter's amusing observations of the people around him not only crack me up but also make me think about human nature and why we behave in the ways we do. I'm really happy to find that the Dexter series continues to stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment