Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"The Walking Dead, Volume 14: No Way Out" by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Arlard

136 pages

Issues #79-84 of the popular Walking Dead comic series are collected in this trade paperback. This volume finds the community of Alexandria becoming increasingly unstable. The residents have just recently fended off the attack of a vicious group looking to take over their fortress, and this weakens the barriers holding the undead back. Meanwhile, cold weather is coming, and food stores are getting love. One of the community members is stabbed and robbed during a run for supplies, making everyone feel even more anxious about storing things up for winter and reminding them how dangerous things still are outside the town's borders. And, as things go downhill, it becomes clear that there's plenty of danger within Alexandria as well. As always, this series had me anxiously flipping through the pages, eager for more. I'm almost caught up with the series now, and I don't know what I'm going to do when I have wait for them to come out one by one. Some aspects are starting to become predictable, but there's still plenty to keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment