Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bossypants by Tina Fey



I just realized I put the picture for the audiobook here...maybe I should have listened to it, but I'd probably still be laughing because just reading it was great!  I really like Tina Fey...she's kind of one of my heroes.  She seems so normal but she's brilliant.  Her "Things I Learned from Lorne Michaels" list has implications for anyone working with anyone else and the chapter entitled, "The Mother's Prayer for Its Daughter" is laugh out loud funny while being true, so very true. The stuff she wrote about her dad has just the right amount of reverence and humor. It's nice to read a celebrity book that doesn't cannonize or demonize the parents.
In short, the book is a nice, relaxing, enjoyable break from reading the hard stuff but it isn't stupid candy.  It's more like a beautifully decorated birthday cake made from the finest ingredients.  Enjoy!
Kim F
275 pp

1 comment: