Friday, July 6, 2012

Becoming Sister Wives: The Story of an Unconventional Marriage

by Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine, & Robyn Brown
271 pages

I am a big fan of the TLC show Sister Wives.  I'm fascinated by polygamy, and the people who practice it.  I could never be a polygamist, but I am curious about those who are.  This book, written by the stars of the show, gives a more in depth look at the history of the family and the struggles they faced in order to create a successful polygamous family.  I was surprised by some of the interpersonal issues described in the book because I did not pick up on them in the TV show.  I had no idea that Meri and Janelle had such trouble getting along!  I understand the jealousy issues these women faced, but I guess I never really thought about the dynamics of starting a polygamous family.  Overall, this was an insightful read, especially for fans of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment