Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Metro Girl

by Janet Evanovich 296 p.
    
           I have never read Evanovich before and this book did not make me want to read another book of hers. The story seemed really ludicrous. None of the characters were endearing enough to makeup for the faults. She gives unnecessary descriptions that just distract. I can't think much what I liked about it. I didn't hate it. It was just "meh." It is the first of the Alex Barnaby series. Alex is a former mechanic and race car driver who denies that part of herself to be more girly. She has a brother in Florida who has gotten himself into trouble again. She goes there to find him. Even though his place has been broken into a few times, she does not call the cops and comes up against many criminal types. She meets a playboy race car driver who had his boat stolen by her Alex's brother, Bill. It is one of those books that things get crazier and crazier as they go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment