Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Happiness Project

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
By Gretchen Rubin
301 pages



Gretchen Rubin is an author living in NYC who, on a random bus ride one day, contemplates how to attain true happiness for herself. She spends a year researching happiness and how others try to attain happiness, and applies these methods to her life.  Each month is dedicated to a certain aspect of her life (for example, february is dedicated to her marriage).  In her words, she tries to "change her life without changing her life".

This book may have changed my life. Seriously. One of the things Gretchen says repeatedly in the book is "it's easy to be heavy, hard to be light". Essentially, you have to choose to be happy. 

So that's what I'm going to try to do. Every day, good or bad, I will choose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment