Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Forever" by Maggie Stiefvater

390 pages

This third and final book of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series picks up right where "Linger" left off: Sam is finally cured and no longer turns into a wolf...but Grace has accidentally become a werewolf herself. Sam is waiting for her to turn back into a human for the summer so they can figure out what do. Isabel and Cole are still not speaking to each other. Everything seems to be in limbo, but then the stakes are raised: another teenager is killed by the wolves, and Isabel's father starts an aggressive campaign to wipe them out. Sam, Cole, and Isabel don't have much time to find Grace and get the rest of the pack to safety.

I've felt sort of indifferent about the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. The wolves-and-humans love thing is a little out there to me and the characters seemed to fall flat in my opinion, but something made me keep reading. The ultimate ending was fairly predictable, but I wanted to see how it got there and there were some interesting twists along the way. When I'd finished the trilogy, I felt about the same as I did all along--it was entertaining, but I definitely won't read it again or even think much about it after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment