Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blade of the Immortal: Volume 6: Dark Shadows

by Hiroaki Samura, 184 pages

Big changes are coming to Anotsu's Ittô-Ryû just as a mysterious new enemy starts picking off its strongest members. When the Mugai-Ryû sword school sends a representative to Manji, will he and Rin agree to join them against their common foe?

Gah! For the first time in this series, I've encountered a character who truly scares me (I've despised a few, but that's not the same thing). I'm not sure Samura will be able to get me to feel anything remotely sympathetic for this man--and I don't think he means to try, either. My brain keeps hissing at Manji not to leave Rin alone with him! Who are the Mugai-Ryû, really? What's their goal (besides the obvious one of taking out Anotsu)? Rin wants to be stronger, for both her own sake and Manji's, and cynical Shira's clearly got enviable skills and powerful cohorts, but he's not someone she should be looking to as a role model. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment