Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)

by Sarah Mlynowski, 357 p.

Somehow April convinces her parents that she can stay with her friend, Vi, and Vi's mom while her dad and step-mom move to Ohio. Except Vi's mom will be with a touring theatre group.  And there is no adult supervision.  April and Vi do some pretty crazy things, and April finds out more about herself than she ever thought she would.


At first, I really disliked this book because a) April is obnoxious and horrid and b) I'm tired of reading about mean people getting away with things.  But the further I got into the story, the more I appreciated that April truly was growing up and that she wasn't just another snot.  Thank goodness for redeeming qualities...

1 comment:

  1. This book tells teens to be careful what you wish for. And some of the things you may think you want now,may not be the things you want later down the road. Make smart choices, and wise ones as well. I wish this book kept going. The way it ended was a great way to end the book, but i did not want this book to end. I recommend this to all teens intrested in reading a good book.

    ReplyDelete