Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Patient Zero" by Jonathan Maberry

421 pages

Joe Ledger is a Baltimore detective who has just been secretly recruited by the government to lead a new task force created to deal with the problems that Homeland Security can't handle. This rapid response group is called the Department of Military Sciences or the DMS for short. His first mission is to help stop a group of terrorists from releasing a dreadful bio-weapon that can turn ordinary people into zombies. The infection spreads like wildfire, so the fate of the world hangs in the balance...

This story is a little too dense for me, and I felt like some of the info was redundant and/or too detailed and could have been left out. That said, I enjoyed it. I've read lots of zombie books, but not many with the perspective of government officials who are trying to contain the disease. I also like that this book gives us readers the perspective of the bad guys, so we get hints of the some of things that are going to happen without getting the whole picture. The plot is more complicated than it seems at first, which kept me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment