Saturday, January 8, 2011

Flint and Silver

Flint and Silver
Flint and Silver: A Prequel to Treasure Island
by John Drake 359 pages

Last month I was inspired to read "Treasure Island" after seeing the play at College of the Ozarks. There are a lot of unanswered questions in "Treasure Island" and John Drake makes a valiant effort to fill the reader in on what happened before. We see Captain Flint and Long John Silver as friends working together as gentleman of fortune. We find out how Silver lost his leg and where the parrot he has came from. Usually I don't like books like this that take over a story the original author didn't finish but I found "Flint and Silver" quite enjoyable. It was informative in a way that was in keeping with the original which I appreciate. I didn't like the abrupt ending but otherwise I would recommend this book to other pirate enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment